Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Dreaming of Romance



I had a dream my darling, it was twilight at the beach
You wore a scarlet evening gown, and nothing on your feet

How romantic, how divine, how softly we’ll sway
And sink our toes in the sand until they wash away


Maria and the butler held umbrellas to the sky
I could smell the wind and stormy sea and the rain began to fly

I can almost feel the mist right now, a warm and phantom shroud
I long to taste the salty air, that surrounds me like a cloud


We dance a dance of passion, in time with the crashing waves
And by our harmony and love we will always be enslaved

This dream of yours, this dream of ours, must be more than just a dream
Dreams and hopes and wishes are more connected than they seem


Then at once you must, my love, dress yourself in your finest red
And through the land of soft and fine sand is where we both shall tread

1 comment: