Thursday, February 17, 2011

Decleration: Dreams

A concept that intrigues me (and the one I'm choosing to study for the semester) is the concept of Dreams. Basically, dreams are the places our minds wander when we sleep. I love dreams; I love how they leave you wondering what they mean. The subconscious mystifies me and I'm really excited to be able to spend the rest of the year becoming more familiar with it. Artwork around dreams can be beautiful, disturbing, and incredibly interesting. Dreams can be so abstract; they have no boundaries or limits. Nothing has to make sense or have an explanation - that's the beauty of it, you get to decipher your own dreams. I also believe that some people see things in dreams like premonitions that their minds need them to see ahead of time. I hope dreams are something I can pursue even after this class, and I'm sure I will.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you chose the concept of dreams. I agree with you on how it's interesting how they leave you wondering what they actually mean. Great concept. :)

    ReplyDelete